To apply to the following positions, please visit us on Indeed: Apply on Indeed
Registered Nurse (RN)– Columbia, MO
Assists physicians and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff, and physicians.
- Provides telephone medical support to quickly and efficiently handle telephone inquiries from patients needing assistance.
- Works to ensure the efficient delivery of medical care in an office-based setting providing physician support in carrying out the plan of care for each patient served.
- Rounds with the physician in the hospital.
- Implements and documents a teaching plan specific to each patient/family based upon assessment of patient’s needs, which includes evidence of patient/family understanding.
- Works closely with the medical secretary to ensure all orders are completed and followed up on to include communication with the patient.
- Schedules invasive procedures closely coordinating the physicians schedule with the care team.
- Rotates weekend call/holiday call duties with the practice nurses and mid-levels to provide support on Saturday and Sunday and Holidays for the primary call physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- State RN license required.
- Minimum of one-year professional nursing experience; clinic or ICU experience preferred.
This is a salaried position. Workdays are Monday through Friday with occasional weekends and holidays to be determined by the call schedule.
Clinical Research Coordinator– Columbia, MO
Assist the Principal Investigator and sub-investigators to implement, enroll, and carry out the tasks of research protocols at the clinical site while adhering to FDA and sponsor guidelines.
1. Organize the study program from the initiation by negotiating contracts with the sponsor and the institution where the study will be conducted.
2. Discuss possible study patients with physicians to ascertain eligibility.
3. Screen patients as potential candidates for research studies/affirmation of inclusion and exclusion criteria.
4. Organize study outline, schedule follow-up appointments, and order required testing and procedures.
5. Write site-specific informed consent forms. Review informed consent, outline study, and verify patient understanding of protocol before obtaining signed informed consent.
6. Centrifuge, prepare slides, collect blood and urine samples, separate serum, and ship out blood products using Universal Precautions.
7. Act as a liaison between the site and the sponsor of the study.
8. Act as a dispensing agent for investigational drugs according to protocol for study patients.
9. Relay protocols, safety letters, amendments to protocol, progress reports, and adverse events to the Institutional Review Board in a timely manner.
10. Complete case report forms per study protocol. Review case report forms with site monitors as indicated by sponsor. Have all materials available for their visit as needed (i.e., clinic charts, hospital charts).
11. Ensure that resolution of queries have been completed.
12. Submit appropriate regulatory documents to the sponsor.
13. Keep accurate records of investigational products, and complete and keep all regulatory documents secure and confidential.
14. Follow Good Clinical Practice Guidelines as recommended by the FDA/sponsor.
15. Prepare for FDA/Sponsor audits.
16. Attend IRB meetings when new protocols are submitted/consents as indicated.
17. Assist with Event and Holter application.
18. Provide assessment of alerts received from Implantable Loop Recorders and process reports.
19. Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., biology, health sciences, healthcare) OR Registered Nurse license required.
- Clinical research experience required.
- Familiarity with FDA regulations and guidelines for clinical trials.
- Professional nursing experience in a clinic or hospital setting preferred.
- Strong EKG/arrhythmia interpretation skills preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to review documentation for accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple studies simultaneously.
- Proficient in data management and analysis software/tools.
- Ability to work independently.
This is an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented individual with a passion for clinical research. Join our team and contribute to the advancement of medical knowledge through rigorous scientific investigation.
Prior Authorization Specialist– Columbia, MO
Spends a majority of the time on the telephone to obtain pre-certifications and pre-authorizations for procedures, testing, and medications, and send referrals to other specialty providers.
- Contact insurance carriers to verify patient’s insurance eligibility, pre-certification requirements for procedures, testing, and medications.
- Request, track, and obtain pre-authorization from insurance carriers within time allotted prior to services being performed.
- Send referrals to specialty providers.
- Communicate any insurance changes or trends.
- Clearly document all communication in electronic medical record system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Previous experience in a clinical setting is required. Experience working with insurance companies is highly preferred. Must be proficient at using a computer and be able to learn our Electronic Medical Records system.
This is a full-time 40-hour per week position and will work days, Monday through Friday, no weekends, no holidays.
Cardiology Device Technician– Columbia, MO
Serves as primary resource for pacemaker and defibrillator programming and tracking. Provides direct patient care, general assessment, selective procedures and database administration to assure high quality care and service to patients with implanted Electrophysiology (EP) devices under the direction of an EP physician. Performs statistical, clerical and quality assurance duties under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Services.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Missouri OR previous experience in Device Management
- Three years clinical experience required
- CPR and ACLS certification
- Two years of cardiology experience
- Strong EKG/arrhythmia interpretation skills
- Skill in performing device checks and reprogramming
This is a full-time position and will work days, Monday through Friday, no weekends, no holidays. There is an option to rotate from working 5 days a week to four 10-hour days approximately once a month.
To apply, please visit us on Indeed: Apply on Indeed
Required Notice Regarding Employee Health Insurance:
Through UnitedHealthcare, UMR and HealthSCOPE Benefits creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Missouri Cardiovascular Specialists.
To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com