To apply to the following positions, please visit us on Indeed: Apply on Indeed
Receptionist / Patient Service Representative II
This position is split between two main responsibilities:
#1- checking patients in and out at the front desk
#2- answering patient phone calls in the call center
Receptionists and Call Center Staff will work as a team to handle a high-volume of patients to verify demographics and insurance, collect co-pays, and check them into and out of their appointment. Computer proficiency is required.
- Greet customers in a polite, prompt, and helpful manner.
- Quickly type the patient’s name and date of birth into the electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Complete necessary paperwork such as encounter forms.
- Use computer system to generate information necessary for billing.
- Update patient information, collect copays, provide any necessary forms needing completion, and obtain signatures as necessary.
- Maintain and update current information on physicians’ schedules, ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
- Type brief phone messages and send them to the appropriate staff.
- Answer patient questions and provide assistance when possible.
- Responsible for wiping down/disinfecting chairs and surfaces in the lobby throughout the day, and responsible for overall tidiness of the lobby.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patients and maintain a good working relationship with coworkers.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year of experience in an office or customer service setting. Healthcare reception or call center experience preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in using a computer is required.
- Sitting for 7-8 hours/day.
- Requires eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity.
- Vision must be corrected to 20/20 and hearing must be in normal range.
- Must be able to view computer screens and type on the computer very quickly.
- Must be able to speak loudly at times for patients to hear.
- Must be able to concentrate in a busy environment.
Hours: This position is Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm (40 hours per week).
Registered Nurse (RN)– Columbia, MO
Assists physicians and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff, and physicians.
- Provides telephone medical support to quickly and efficiently handle telephone inquiries from patients needing assistance.
- Works to ensure the efficient delivery of medical care in an office-based setting providing physician support in carrying out the plan of care for each patient served.
- Rounds with the physician in the hospital.
- Implements and documents a teaching plan specific to each patient/family based upon assessment of patient’s needs, which includes evidence of patient/family understanding.
- Works closely with the medical secretary to ensure all orders are completed and followed up on to include communication with the patient.
- Schedules invasive procedures closely coordinating the physicians schedule with the care team.
- Rotates weekend call/holiday call duties with the practice nurses and mid-levels to provide support on Saturday and Sunday and Holidays for the primary call physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- State RN license required.
- Minimum of one-year professional nursing experience; clinic or ICU experience preferred.
This is a salaried position. Workdays are Monday through Friday with occasional weekends and holidays to be determined by the call schedule.
LPN – Anticoagulation Clinic – Columbia, MO
This position can be PRN or full-time, depending on the applicant’s interest.
We are looking for a qualified candidate to work in our brand new LPN position, assisting both the anticoagulation clinic and our prior authorization department. This LPN will monitor and educate cardiology patients in order to maintain a quality anticoagulation program. Additionally, the LPN will assist with prior authorizations of medications and patient assistance.
- Inform patient of INR result over the phone and using the patient portal.
- Interpret INR result for dose adjustment according to clinic protocol and schedule protime testing accordingly.
- Identify patients that are non-compliant for testing.
- Enroll patients in anticoagulation clinic.
- Send protime/INR orders to outlying labs.
- Appropriately charge and code for INR interpretation.
- Educate patients about the online patient portal.
- Obtains pre-certifications and pre-authorizations for medications.
- Helps with patient assistance.
- Other duties may include assisting RN’s by responding to patient messages over the phone, sending in refills, and rooming patients for their clinic appointment (including taking vital signs).
This job is performed during the week Monday-Friday, daytime (8:00am – 4:30pm or 8:30am – 5:00pm), no weekends, no holidays. This position can also be PRN.
This position is located in Columbia, Missouri and will require in-person work.
To apply, please visit us on Indeed: Apply on Indeed
Required Notice Regarding Employee Health Insurance:
Through UnitedHealthcare, UMR and HealthSCOPE Benefits creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Missouri Cardiovascular Specialists.
To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com